eye.lo is a probe-less application-aware platform. Network information are exported by IWAN features towards eye.lo through an open export format Netflow Version 9 and IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
Eye.lo leverages Cisco AVC application recognition and performance metrics to:
- Provide visibility into different types of traffic,
- Quickly isolate and troubleshoot application performance issues,
- Check CoS policy consistency across the Network
eye.lo leverages Cisco PfR data to:
- Display synthetic view of hybrid infrastructure based on path change & out-of-policy event.
- Provide full visibility on traffic per path when PfR intelligently load balances traffic over all WAN paths to protect critical applications from fluctuating WAN performance.
- Understand performance issue based metrics (Jitter, latency, loss)
eye.lo is a multi-tenant platform that delivers Communication Service Providers (CSP), Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Network Integrators with a powerful application-aware management tool, helping them to assure the delivery of WAN connectivity services to their business customers.
For all the traffic and applications going through the WAN links and accesses, for thousands of enterprise customers, eye.lo™ is divided into several modules that allow to :
- Display executive view of network and critical application KPIs.
- Drill down near real time dashboards and assess end-user experience with fine-grain end-to-end application performance metrics across LAN, WAN and Application servers.
- Troubleshoot hybrid network path (PfR) issues
- Alert when critical application performance is out-of-policy
- Report daily, executive view of your Network SLA
- Closely customize customers’ network (Dashboard, alerting, site clustering, custom applications,…)
- Easily admin multi-tenant profiles and rights
Monitor flow and polling collection
Dashboards are made of customizable dashlets. A dashlet may use various visualization format and can be configured as easily as you build an excell timeline graph.
- Pie, to display Top nodes on one specific metrics (Ex: Top loaded interfaces).
- Bar graph, to display aggregated view for several metrics and nodes (Ex: Traffic repartition per DSCP for citrix, gmail and ftp).
- Timeline, to visualize trend of KPIs (Ex: Traffic per primary/secondary Network for hybrid network)
- Gauge, to highlight performance status of a KPI (Ex: Salesforce response time over the end-customer network).
- Table, to detail performance metrics for Top nodes (Ex: Top path changes with jitter/drop/latency out-of-policy event count).
- Pie-line, to mix gauge and timeline visualization (Ex: Business/leisure traffic repartition).
Reports can include image, text, date and shape, to have a powerful communication tool.
eye.lo is designed to give both non-specialist and specialist the right insight of Network SLAs and end-user experience.
- The Landing page module provides a workspace to build an overview of network usage, performance and status.
- The dashboard module provides a fully customizable tab-centric workspace. Admins browse the KPI library and mix in a same tab metrics coming from snmp polling and IWAN features. End-users drill down near real time data from one dashboard to another for more details or to spot the root cause of an issue.
The report module helps Service Providers structure their communication with their multiple enterprise customers. It turns application or network information from the eye.lo™ platform into synthetic, decision-driven and good looking PDF report . Read a report End-customer chose a template in the report library. They customize the timeframe and schedule a pdf e-mailing for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. Each widget is a dynamic object that is automatically updated when the report is sent.
eye.lo includes several resources out of the box: Default dashboards, reports, alerting, landing page, KPI, poller, … These resources are based on years of network monitoring expertise and make eye.lo available day one for many use cases.
Yes, The “drill down” feature is available across the platform. It will help IT managers to deep-dive, step-by-step by displaying the useful dashboards/visualization of their network.
When you select an element (site, application, DSCP, ..), using the magnifying glass, from any module (landing page, flow map, ..), eye.lo will automatically display the available dashboards. Pick the view you need and eye.lo will switche on the new view, with the right scope on right time frame.
For example, you detect unusual spikes of traffic for ms-update. You need more details to understand who is updating its PC during working hours (thus generating a spike of WAN load). Click on the magnifying glass beside the ms-update legend. eye.lo will automatically propose the compliant dashboards.
5 minutes is the default recommended granularity for all counters.
When received, data is aggregated to minimize storage without deleting history. Available granularities are 5 minutes, hour and day. By default, data retention is 3 week for 5 minutes granularity, 3 months for 1 hour granularity, and day. Data are never purged. Specific KPI such as daily 5 minutes max period can however be stored for longer period for capacity planning needs.
CPEs send flows on a scheduled period. Let’s take 5 minutes as the export period: For five minutes, the CPEs aggregate traffic. Then, they export the aggregated flows, the next five minutes (smooth export to prevent spike of traffic in the collection link). eye.lo collects the data on the fly and starts data processing at the end of the five minutes export period. So when an event occurs, it will be displayed between 5:30 minutes (best case) to 14 minutes after the event (Worst case with heavy load on the eye.lo servers).
End-customers (or account manager) can define a dedicated environment including dashboard, reports, alerting, custom application, site clustering.
They can group sites in cluster to focus on specific area of their network.
They can build their custom application on top on NBAR2 dictionary.
eye.lo allows admin to configure alerts based on network or application metrics in order to increase visibility of end-user experience or network events. When the chosen KPI is above a threshold, an alert is raised.
eye.lo as a dedicated solution for Service Provider enables customer profiling in a unique instance. Depending on the offer a customer has subscribed to, end-user access specific features, KPI and resources (Dashboard, report, ..). Service Provider can also decide to keep specific features for internal use in order to improve their operating efficiency and proactivity (scheduled reports, alerting).
When a VPN architecture is used and application traffic is transiting between sites, obtaining visibility on the flows is an important facet of the QoE management. With dynamic WAN paths, Cisco PfR, in-depth knowledge of the application flows is becoming even more critical.
With its WAN path module, eye.lo offers a simple and innovative visualization of the end-to-end flows. Designed for VPN set across a few or thousands of sites, it adapts to each enterprise context and builds maps showing the flow going through their network.
Combining traffic metrics and distribution with performance metrics, the flow map is an extremely effective tool to troubleshoot or optimize the network and application delivery infrastructure.
By using NBAR2 in the class-map, routers can identify traffic by NBAR2 application signature. This allows per-application policy control such as QoS, e.g. limit traffic rate for Netflix, Pandora, and iTunes applications, or guarantee bandwidth for business applications such as WebEx, Office 365, or Sharepoint.
Eye.lo stores and reports metrics down to the DSCP level per application and interface. This helps know whether a given application may have been misclassified when there is a DSCP-based QoS.